Home » Work Permits » For Employers » Documents needed » Established Company
- References covering as much as possible of the last 3 years of the candidate's employment. These references should usually be on Corporate headed writing paper, must confirm the dates of the candidate's employment, and must state the candidate's position. It is helpful to have references that detail the technical skills the job(s) require, also testimonials to character and competence are generally not required .
- Copies of the candidate's tertiary and professional qualifications.
- Copies of any advertisements placed in order to find someone from the UK/EEA; these copies should be either full-page copies showing the date and name of the publication in which they were run, or accompanied by a copy of the invoice from the publishers. (not needed if the candidates have recognised shortage skills)
- A copy of any previous work permit held by the candidate.
- If the candidate is to work on a client project, a signed copy of the contract with the clients.
- A copy of the company's latest annual report and accounts.
- Copies of company brochures, publicity material, etc.
- Passport of the candidate if they are currently in the UK
- A job description for the position;
- Details of the candidate's date of birth, education and career (i.e. a CV).
- Details of salary and other remuneration that the candidate will receive.
- Full details of efforts, if any, taken to fill the vacancy from the resident labour market.
- Details of responses to the above recruitment efforts, why the rejected applicants were not suitable and, where there are multiple vacancies, some of which have been filled, how many staff you have already taken on.
- Details of the project on which the candidate will work.
- Details of new investment from abroad, if any, which will occur when the candidate is taken on.
- Details of any jobs that will be created / saved by the employment of the candidate.
- The name and title of the management-level employee who will be signing the work permit form.
- Details of the location/s where the candidate will be working in the UK.
- The candidate's passport number.
- Details of the number, salary, position, and immigration status of current staff employed in the UK.
- Details of any management structure in the UK office.