Freelance in the UK

Home » Business Visas » Freelance in the UK


In general, overseas nationals coming to work in the UK, or Europe, will need a work permit which must be sponsored by an established local company that will employ them. However, there is an alternative for citizens of the following countries:

Under the EC Association Agreement, you can come and set up your own business without the usual, and generally prohibitive, need to invest 200,000. You will find further details of the requirements and procedures for this programme in the EC Association Agreement and working in the UK page.

If you want to be an entrepreneur, then can simply help you with obtaining the relevant visa. However, we find that many people want to come to the UK and to work as freelance IT professionals, but do not really want the hassles of administering and running a company. If you are in that position, then we have an offering that can help you focus on what you do best and leave the rest to us.

What you get

NB Once you have spent a year in the UK, the opportunities become even greater we can then help you move to other EU countries such as Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, etc.

If you would like to apply for UK freelance, please fill out our on-line form, or contact our Central European Office on +371 7814121.

If you do not qualify for this programme and are looking for work please go to our employment center.