Au Pair

Home » Au Pair

An unmarried person aged between 17 and 27 and without dependants, who is a national of one of the following European countries can come to the UK to learn English and live with an English-speaking family:

Au pair visa applications must be made from outside of the UK. All EU and Association Agreement nationals are also eligible to take part in the Au Pair scheme. Nationals of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Republic of Croatia, Macedonia, Romania and Turkey must get entry clearance from their British Embassy or Consulate before they travel to the United Kingdom.

Au Pair visas can be granted for up to two years. It is usual that an Au Pair would assist with housework and take care of any children in the household. The Au Pair would normally receive pocket money and lodgings and would be expected to attend an educational institute at least twice a week to gain further English language skills.