Fiancé/e of an UK Citizen, permanent resident or EU Citizen

Home » Fiancé/e of an UK Citizen

The requirements for immigration to UK as a Fiancé/e’s are very similar to the rules for married couples. You may wish to consider very carefully whether it is best to marry first and then apply for entry as this will avoid the necessity of making a fiance/e application and then a second application to remain as a spouse. However, please note that it is no longer possible for most visitors to change status to a spouse visa. The basic requirements for immigration to UK are as follows: