Unmarried Partners

Home » Unmarried Partners

Unmarried Partners of a British Citizen or of anyone with any type of long term status in the UK.

It has been possible since 1997 for unmarried partners both in a heterosexual and same sex relationship to gain entry to the UK. These sort of applications tend to be more difficult than those based on marriage as you need to show that you have been together for two years and that it is a permanent relationship. The requirements since April 2003 are as follows: