Film Crew on Location

Home » Film Crew on Location

If you are part of a film crew and wish to come to the UK you can apply for entry clearance if you are an actor, producer, director or technician essential to the production of the film. You would need a separate work permit for the UK if you intend to do studio work, pre- or post-production work, or if you are to be employer or paid in the UK. Please see our section on work permits if you fall into this category.

You can come to the UK as a film actor, producer, director or technician if you are employed and paid overseas and coming only for location sequences. You would be granted permission to stay in the UK for up to 12 months, which can be extended if the work has not been completed.