Ministers of Religion

Home » Ministers of Religion

If you plan to come to the UK to work full-time as a minister of religion, you must provide evidence of the following:

If you want to stay in the UK for more than a year, you can extend your stay as long as you remain in the same position, you can show that your congregation still needs you and that you did not ask for help from public funds.

You must stay in the same employment unless you request permission from the Home Office to change your job. Permission will only be granted if you continue to work as a minister of religion and immigration regulations are satisfied.

You can apply for permanent residency as a minister of religion if you satisfy the following conditions:

You will need to apply for entry clearance as a Minister of Religion from the British Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.