Overseas Government Employees

Home » Overseas Government Employees

You can qualify to come to the UK as an overseas government employee if you will be employed by an overseas government, a UN organisation or another international organisation of which the UK is a member.

You will have to show that:

You will need to apply for entry clearance at your local British Embassy or Consulate if you are a visa national.

You cannot switch status into this category if you area already in the UK. You will obtain authorisation to remain in the UK initially for 12 months, which can be extended if you continue to work as an overseas government employee. Leave to remain can be granted for a further three years.

You may be able to apply for permanent residence in the UK if you meet the following requirements: