Representatives of Overseas Newspapers

Home » Representatives of Overseas Newspapers

You can come to the UK as an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting corporation if you are to be assigned to the UK on a long-term, full-time salaried basis. This category also covers media correspondents employed by overseas news organisations, producers, news cameramen and front-of-camera employees. If you are coming to the UK for less than 6 months then you may simply need a business visa.

You would not need a work permit if you are employed under one of the above positions, however, if you are a secretary or work in another administration position then you will require a work permit . If your employer is a UK-registered company you will also need to apply for a work permit.

You can qualify as a representative of an overseas media organisation if you can show evidence of the following:

You will need to obtain entry clearance if you are a visa national and you cannot switch to this visa in-country. You will be granted a maximum initial stay of 12 months, which can be extended a further three years if you intend to continue working as a representative of an overseas media organisation.

You might be able to apply for permanent residence if you meet the following requirements: