Home » Sectors Based Scheme » Changing Employers
- Working Holidaymakers
- Since 1 May 2004, nationals of the new EU Accession Countries are able to work freely in the UK under the worker registration scheme. If you are a UK employer looking for staff call the Latvian office on +371 7814121
Please note that the SBS currently only applies to nationals from Bulgaria and Romania. The programme was scheduled to be phased out by 31 December, 2007, but was retained for both nations upon their accession to the European Union on 01 January, 2007.
- If you are currently in the UK under this sector based work permit scheme you will normally be allowed to change employer.
- The maximum period in the UK under this work permit scheme must not exceed twelve months in total, and the new employer must also meet the requirements for this scheme.
- You may not work for the new employer until the work permit has been issued and a suitable stamp put into your passport confirming that you have the right to work for the new employer.
- If you wish to work longer than twelve months under this sector based work permit scheme you will firstly have to leave the UK for two months.
- If you employ nationals from certain Countries you are exempt from the Government fee requirements.
- If you are already in the UK on the sector based work permit scheme it is not necessary in this situation to leave the Country and re-enter to be able to work for the new employer on the sector based work permit.
Are you an employer looking for suitable people? Call us on 020 7842 0800.
Are you looking for work? Go to the workpermit.com employment center. The only internet employment center designed for people wishing to live and work abroad.
Overview of Sector Based Work Permits